Haliburton recently announced the date and location for the oil and gas industry’s foremost business and technology event, the Landmark Innovation Forum and Expo (LIFE).
LIFE will be held at the Westin Hotel Memorial City, Houston, TX. The dates for the expo are Tuesday, August 22 thru Thursday, August 24.
LIFE attracts super major, independent, and national oil companies along with service companies and other industry leaders from the global exploration and production value chain. The three-day conference will feature leading business and technical experts and is a must for companies looking to cut costs and maximize efficiency. The conference serves as a platform for delivering new technologies and strategies for dealing with the financial, technical, and operational aspects of today’s changing oil industry.
“Re-imagining the oil and gas industry is critical today and happening in many different forms. LIFE 2017 provides the space for the community to jointly explore and share digital experiences and increase scientific intensity in our organizations,” commented Nagaraj Srinivasan, senior vice president for Landmark & Halliburton Digital Solutions. “This year we will explore the digital links between operators and oilfield services including the application of secular breakthroughs like cloud, Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and data security alongside specific solutions offered by the provider community.”
During the conference, there will be several keynote presentations from industry leaders and a technical program with more than 50 sessions and case studies. Per the Halliburton press release, topics that will be discussed include the following:
- Innovative science exploration, reservoir, drilling and production
- Digital E&P transformation in cloud, mobility, and big data analytics
- Smart and Connected E&PTM, software-as-a-service, automation, and cloud integration
- OpenEarthTM Community, fostering the industry’s only open platform for domain specific application development
Being in business since 1919 and a world leader in providing products and services to the oil and gas industry in nearly 70 countries, Haliburton has a lot to bring to the table during this conference. LIFE will also offer the following powerful lineup of speakers during the conference:
- A. Walker – president and chief executive officer of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Johan Krebbers – IT chief technology officer of Shell
- Jim Claunch – vice president for operational excellence of Statoil
- Trond Ellefsen – special advisor for digital transformation and strategy of Statoil
- Jason Zander – corporate vice president of Microsoft Azure
- Werner Vogels – chief technology officer at Amazon
- Sean Gourley – chief executive officer of Primer Al
- Michael Grieves – executive director of Florida Institute of Technology
- Eric Carre – executive vice president of Halliburton
- Nagaraj Srinivasan – senior vice president of Landmark & Halliburton Digital Solutions
Companies face many challenges with today’s volatile market and constantly evolving technologies. LIFE will address topics such as the Internet of Things and cloud and big data analytics and how businesses can integrate these technologies into their operations.
Article written by HEI contributor Raymond Arrasmith.